Interactive map – Automobile assembly and production plants in Europe
in ACEA, 19-07-2021
290 automobile factories operate across the European continent today, producing passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, heavy-duty vehicles, buses and engines.
- There are 290 automobile assembly and engine production plants in Europe*.
- 185 of which are situated within the European Union (EU27).
- 135 factories in Europe produce passenger cars, 37 make light commercial vehicles (vans), 54 build heavy-duty vehicles (trucks), 58 produce buses, and 71 make engines.
- ACEA members build cars, vans, trucks, buses and engines in 17 EU member states.
- * Europe includes the 27 EU member states, the United Kingdom, plus a number of other countries (Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Uzbekistan).
- Automotive suppliers, many smaller-sized vehicle and engine manufacturers, as well as custom bodybuilders are not included in this overview for reasons of complexity.
- This map does include the engine production sites of most ACEA members, but omits transmission, body shell and any other vehicle parts plants.
- ACEA strives to be as accurate as possible, but does not accept any responsibility or liability for any potential errors or inaccuracies. However, ACEA does welcome all input to help further complete and update this overview.