This interactive map shows the employment impact of the coronavirus / COVID-19 crisis on the European auto industry for each of the 27 EU member states plus the United Kingdom.
in ACEA, 30-03-2020
Employment impact, by country
Status on: 30/03/2020
- The jobs of at least 1,110,107 Europeans working in automotive manufacturing are affected by factory shutdowns as a result of the current crisis.
- That is out of a total of 2.6 million direct manufacturing jobs in the EU auto sector.
- This figure only refers to those people directly employed by car, truck, van and bus manufacturers, the impact on the wider automotive supply chain is even more critical.
- These are conservative estimates based on data currently available.
- The actual number of people affacted is much higher, as there is a delay in data reporting and (complete) figures for various countries and/or production plants are not available yet.
Overall impact, by country
- This is by far the most comprehensive EU-wide overview currently available, combining all known information and available sources.
- The data is aggregated by ACEA and updated on a weekly basis using multiple sources, including IHS Markit, MarkLines, national automobile manufacturers’ associations and (public) announcements by manufacturers.
- Nevertheless, it is important to stress that ACEA fully acknowledges that this overview is non-exhaustive, it merely serves as a tool to show the EU-wide impact of the crisis.