The objectives of AFIA are to represent and promote the interests of its Members, aiming their technical and economical progress.
Among them, we should point:
- The study and analysis of problems this sector that are of direct or indirect interest to its Members;
- Co-operating with the Administration in the outlining of national policy guidelines, concerning motor vehicles industry;
- Promotion of contacts with the main poles of decision and intervention;
- Organisation and participation in seminars, meetings, trade fairs, and other events;
- To ensure the amicable resolution of any conflicts or differences of opinion that may arise amongst its Members.
All firms, located in Portugal, manufacturers of systems, parts, accessories or other components for motor vehicles are potential members of AFIA.